SETTL APP SDN BHD (“we”, “our” or “us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
By visiting https://www.settlbill.com or downloading the SETTL mobile application, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (the “Act”), the data controller is SETTL APP SDN BHD, 63 Plaza Damas 3 A-1-16, Jalan Sri Hartamas 1, Sri Hartamas, 50480 Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
INFORMATION THAT WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following information about you:
INFORMATION THAT YOU GIVE US
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our Platform or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information provided by you when you register to use our Platform, use our service to and when you report a problem with our Platform. This may include:
· your name, address, e-mail address;
· information about what food and beverages you choose to pay for using the App; and
· details of our partner venues you visit.
We do not collect payment information from you. This will be collected directly from you by our third party payment processor, MC Payments, a payment gateway service.
INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
On each of your visits to our Platform we may automatically collect the following information:
· Technical information, such as the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your email address and login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
· Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number; and
· We may also use location services as provided by your mobile phone to determine your current location. Our mobile application requires information about your location to find nearby venues and allow you to open or join tabs. You will be asked to consent to your data being used for this purpose. You can withdraw your consent at any time by amending your settings on your mobile phone; however your use of the mobile application will be affected (for example, you will not be able to open a tab).
INFORMATION THAT WE RECEIVE FROM OTHER SOURCES
We will receive information about you and your order/ tab from the venue partners which you visit and in which you use the SETTL mobile application.
We may also receive information about you if you use any services of any other third parties which we work closely with (including, for example, social network providers (through which you may log into the App), search information providers, sub-contractors in technical or payment and business partners) and we receive the information from them.
USES MADE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We use the information held about you in the following ways:
· to ensure that we can provide you with the information and services that you request from us;
· to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
· to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. We (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please amend the relevant box situated on the form on the Platform accordingly;
· to inform you about changes to our service;
· for our internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
· to administer and improve our Platform, and to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you;
· to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, if you choose to do so;
· as part of our efforts to keep our Platform safe and secure; and
· to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
In addition, we may disclose your personal data to our venue partners for the purpose of measuring and understanding their customers’ use of the App and their food and beverage preferences, as well as related data analysis and research purposes. Venue partners will not disclose your information to any other party or use your information for any other purpose, unless you have consented to be contacted by them for marketing purposes (as explained above).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Your personal information may be shared with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
We may also share your information with the following selected third parties:
· Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you, including our partner venues and payment processors.
· Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Platform.
· We may also share your information with third parties in the following circumstances:
oIn the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
oIf SETTL SDN BHD or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION BY US
You may be offered the option to link one or more social networking profiles to the your profile on SETTL. Where the you choose to link a profile, for the avoidance of doubt, SETTL will not post any updates on the User’s behalf on social networks, without the User’s express permission.
OTHER IMPORTANT TERMS
SETTL may transfer its rights and obligations under these Terms to another organisation, and will always notify the User in writing if this happens, but this will not affect the User’s rights or its obligations under these Terms.
User may only transfer the User’s rights or the User’s obligations under these Terms to another person if SETTL agrees in writing.
This contract is between the User and SETTL. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
Each of the paragraphs of these Terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
If SETTL fails to insist that the User perform any of the User’s obligations under these Terms, or if it does not enforce its rights against the User, or if it delays in doing so, that will not mean that it has waived its rights against the User and will not mean that the User do not have to comply with those obligations. Any waiver by SETTL will be done in writing. Anny such waiver is specific to the default of the User in question and does not give right to an automatic waiver to later defaults.
These Terms, its subject matter and its formation are governed by the laws of Malaysia. Users hereby agree that the courts of Malaysia shall have the exclusive jurisdiction to deal with any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with these Terms or their subject matter or formation.
STORING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is never completely secure. Whilst we will do our best to ensure that your personal data is protected, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Your data will be kept by us only for as long as it is useful for the purpose that you supplied it to us for.
You retain right to request that we do not process your personal data, including for marketing purposes. As described in the ‘Uses Made of Your Information’ section, we will inform you if it is our intention to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You may exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms used to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Our Platform may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates or other third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for the processing of your data by the operators of these third party websites. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.